The components of an embedded system are : Hardware, Software and time operating system.
• Power Supply
• Serial communication ports
• Output/Output circuits
• System application specific circuits
The application software is required to perform the series of tasks.
An embedded system has software designed to keep in view of three constraints:
• Availability of System Memory
• Availability of processor speed
• The need to limit power dissipation when running the system continuously in
cycles of wait for events, run , stop and wake up.
iii) Real Time Operating System (RTOS):
It supervises the application software and provides a mechanism to let the processor run a process as per scheduling and do the switching from one process (task) to another process.